5 Holiday Activities
- Zoo Lights ~ The Denver Zoo brings a vast amount of animals to life with Christmas lights, while the real zoo animals stay inside where it is warm and cozy. Zoo Lights is open from 5:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. every day from Friday November 25, 2016 – January 1, 2017.
- The Denver Parade of Lights ~ Established in 1975 this free event is a fun parade for anyone! Come out this year Friday, December 2, 2016 at 8:00 p.m. and Saturday, December 3, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. Dancing, Music, and beautiful floats will fill the streets with holiday cheer!
- Georgetown Christmas Market ~ Want to complete your holiday’s? Visit the 54th annual outdoor European Marketplace. There will be entertainment of all sorts visits with Santa, roasted chestnuts, horse-drawn wagon rides, music, and so much more. Come down from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. December 6-7 and December 13-14!
- Hammond’s Candy Cane Festival ~ Mr. and Mrs. Claus will be around enjoying the festivities while you and the family can enjoy cookie decorating, mini tours, a bounce house, horse-drawn carriage rides, face painting, crafts and holiday shopping. Join anytime from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. December 12 and December 13. Admission is free.
- The Polar Express Train Ride ~ Passengers can relive the magical journey of the Chris Van Allsburg children’s book with story times, carols, holiday refreshments and visits with Santa. Colorado Railroad Museum (November 21 – December 28). This is at the Colorado Railroad Museum in Golden, Colorado.